So what is holding me up from releasing the source right now?
- eval is a total nightmare
- eval of quote‘d expressions is a worse nightmare
- macro relies on eval
- consistency of quote‘d expressions
- compiling eval‘d expressions
- some functionality not available in the DLR yet
Unfortunately, I didnt go deep enough into the Lisp ‘spec’ at the start, and my design is a bit flawed in a sense.
So thats about it…
On a different note: IronLisp will be opensource, and will be hosted on Codeplex under the MS Permissive License. Contributions/patches will be accepted.