I did a paper-based C# assessment yesterday. The ‘test’ was not a very good test.
I got word today, I did not make the required ‘cutoff’.
The tip for the future:
If you are required to do any form of assessment, ask them to provide a complete solution for the assessment, as they would expect it to be.
Here is the assessment (well what I can remember):
Number of questions: 13
Number of C# questions: 1
The C# question: Explain LOCK in C#. I was tempted to say LOCK is not valid in C# (but I restrained)
1. What are the 3 tiers in 3 tier dev?
2. How is 3 layer dev different from 3 tier dev? (I had to think hard what that buzzword meant)
3. What are the 3 layers in 3 layer dev, and purpose?
4. What is MVC?
5. What technologies does AJAX use?
6. What is AJAX used for?
7. C# LOCK question.
8. Source control policy opinions (ito VSS and VS, multiple check outs, overnight check outs, undebugged checkins).
9. What is recursion?
10. What is FxCop?
11. What do you use for Code Analysis and Unit Testing in VS2005.
12. When to use Web services (give 2 answers).
13: Name 1 advantage and 1 disadvantage of XML.
IMO, waste of time, this is maybe a good test for a graduate/very junior programmer.
You can follow the discussion of the test in the Code Project Lounge.